It has been a while since we have updated this blog and here we are. From now on we will be posting tips and tricks on our new website and blog. However we’re still keeping this blog live for you to read and share.
The Eri Design team
Written by: 1stWebDesigner
Here is an inspiring list of resolutions for web designers, developers and bloggers. Hopefully to get you started on the new year right.
1. Better Time Management & Get Things Done
2. Leave Your Creative Comfort Zone
3. Acknowledge Your Imperfection
4. Try To Read One New Book a Month
5. Clean the Clutter on Your Desktop
6. Update Your Portfolio
7. Step Away From The Computer And Exercise
8. Stretch Your Patience
9. Find New and Better Ways to Connect with Clients
10. Try a Color scheme You Have Never Even Imagined
11. Master At Least One Application Or Programming Language
12. Take an Extra Class About Design
13. Follow Top Designers on Twitter and Interact with Them
14. Really Impress your Clients–Current and New
15. Take Time to be Inspired
Below are some amazing resources for wordpress designers and developers. Please feel free to add any another resource links on the comment box.
Improve Your Blog
- How You Can Use WordPress Functions to Run a Smarter Blog
- What Every Blogger Needs to Know About Categories
- The Definitive Guide to Semantic Web Markup for Blogs
- The Ultimate PageRank Sculpting Guide for WordPress SEO
- How to NoFollow a link
- How to Find and Fix 404 Errors
- What to do if a Plugin Deactivation Breaks Your Blog
- Integrating Forums Into A WordPress Blog
- How to Add Breadcrumbs To Your Site
- How to Add A Store to your WordPress Blog
- How to Make Your Old Posts New Again
- How to Turn Off Post Revisions in WP2.6+
- How to Set Up Your WordPress Permalink Structure
- How to Switch Your WordPress Permalink Structure
- How to Show Only A Post Excerpt In WordPress
- Why It’s Important to Always Remove The WordPress Version Code
- 7 Principals of Clean and Optimized CSS Code
- 30 Ways to Improve Readability
- How to Install DOMTabs on WordPress
- Should The Sidebar Go On The Left or the Right?
- 7 Elements To Make Your Blog Look Great
- Why It’s Important To Make Your Blog Unique
Want to get recognized in the graphic and web design world? Here are some tips on how to get yourself out in the design spotlight and promote your work. We’ll also be looking at some of today’s most inspiring designers, and what makes them famous.
- Focus on your strengths. Are you better at illustration? Designing web layouts? Creating graphics? Try to pick your strongest skill and use it to your advantage. This will help you stand out and better display yourself. Of course you never want to spend too much time on one thing and leave no time for anything else, but if you can use your strengths to your advantage you’ll be one step ahead of the competition.
- Eliminate your weaknesses. Surround yourself with people who are good at what you’re not. Have them help you get better in those areas. Ask for resources you can use to get better at those things that have always frustrated you. The worst thing you can do is avoid something simply because it’s challenging.
- Challenge yourself constantly. Always go a step further to learn a more advanced technique. One new technique may open up thousands of possibilities in your work. If you always take the easy way out, you won’t learn as much, and you’ll never try anything new.
- Broaden your skills. Even if you’re exceptionally good at one thing, if you don’t try to learn new things you’re going to run into a lot of walls down the line. Broadening your design skills can be an easy and fun process if you use the right resources and put your mind to it. Also, being stuck with an obsolete skill will get you nowhere. Web and graphic design is constantly changing, and if you can’t keep up, you’re going to be left in the dust.
Color is a very important factor in design can be quite significant in defining the identity or branding of a company. Companies use colors to brand their products so that we are reminded of the product simply by recognizing a combination of colors. Not only these large companies but many designers and small companies use colors to identify themselves to stand out. Here are some examples of websites where the color contributes to the company’s identity:
Apple has always been known for their use of silver, both in their products and their advertising. The Apple website clearly displays this by the use of a silver gradient navigation, and light grays and white for the rest of the site. With their common use of silver computer casing, Apple has indeed branded themselves with the color silver. Apple also uses bright colors for some of their product lines, including the iMac and iPod shuffle/nano.
- We got some news!
- World’s Best-Designed Newspaper
- Web Designers’ New Year’s Resolutions For 2011
- Black Book Sessions 9 Blurb at Westwood College
- 100 Beautiful iPhone Wallpapers
- 5 New Amazing Tools in Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Over 100 Amazing WordPress Resource / Tips & Tricks
- Why You Are Losing Clients (How to Stop)
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How to write a Graphic Desing Business Contract